Mission & Vision
Our mission is to create a bilingual-bicultural learning community that prepares its students for the challenges of a university education and those of global community, as well as to guide the growth and development of character in a manner that fosters honesty, respect, tolerance, integrity, creativity and social responsibility.
VisionThe American School of Puerto Vallarta strives to be an exemplary international learning community that nurtures each student’s full potential. The members of the community of the American School of Puerto Vallarta believe the following to be the essential components of our vision:
- We are a unified, caring community that focuses on learning and school improvement.
- Students are better prepared for the future when they have a multicultural perspective and are able to communicate effectively in more than one language.
- All students can be successful learners and all members of the community are teachers and learners.
- Students learn best when education focuses on the whole individual: academic, aesthetic, creative, social and emotional.
- Learning expectations should be challenging but attainable for each individual.
- Mastery of basic skills of reading, writing, mathematics, critical thinking and technology foster lifelong learning and mastery of other subject matter.
- Learning is optimal when the participants are engaged in the process and perceive the focus to be of relevance.
- Teacher efficacy is essential to student learning.
- Success in school requires active parent participation.
- To be successful, students must be responsible and accountable for their learning.
- Skill and desire for lifelong learning is an essential component of quality education.
- A safe, orderly, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing environment promotes student learning.
- Opportunities for community service enhance leadership skills, learning, a global perspective and social responsibility.