The American School of Puerto Vallarta is a small, US-accredited, co-ed, college preparatory school, which strives to be an exemplary international learning community that nurtures each student’s full potential. We are a unified, caring community that focuses on learning and school improvement. We offer an American model of education, which incorporates the Mexican education system. The American School of Puerto Vallarta prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The School also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to School facilities. Our goal is to sustain a community of individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences. Therefore, the admissions committee seeks to build classes of intellectually capable students who bring the most diverse and interesting perspectives possible to the school community.
Enrollment is contingent upon compliance with basic academic and behavioral standards. We consider both the school’s ability to serve a student’s educational needs and the student’s ability to take advantage of the school’s resources to make a positive contribution to the life of the school. We are a small school with only one group per grade level, so our admission process is highly competitive. Students with siblings who are already enrolled, dependents of ASPV employees or alumni and legacy students are given priority in admission.
- A Parent or guardian should first look through the ASPV website and/or the New Student Information Packet available at the Admissions Office.
- a) An appointment will be scheduled with the Director of Admissions to tour the school and clarify any questions.
b) Parent will complete the enrollment application form and send or deliver it to the Office of Admissions together with the following documents:
- Student’s birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Transcripts or report cards from the current year and the previous 2 years. If standardized testing results are available, please include these as well.
- School recommendation form (if applying to grades 7-12).
This information can be sent electronically, via fax or delivered personally.
c) An appointment will be scheduled for the student to take a placement test.
- A family interview will be scheduled with the Admissions Director to review placement test results and final admission decision. If space is available, then a formal acceptance letter will be sent via email, together with further steps required to complete the enrollment process.
- All students must complete the enrollment form, and sign the enrollment contract and code of conduct, and pay all the required fees. All new students must pay a New Student Fee payable once during their lifetime with us in addition to the Yearly Enrollment and Materials fees in order to complete the enrollment process. Tuition is paid from September through June in ten monthly installments. Our enrollment and tuition fees are revised each year so please contact us for the latest school fees.
If a new Middle and High school student is not a Mexican citizen, he/she must present documents certified either with an Apostille stamp or by the Mexican consulate in addition to immigration papers (FM-3, FM-2 or current tourist card) and photographs (4 passport size).
Director of Admissions & College Guidance
Cleotilde (Coty) Piña
Click here to fill out the online Enrollment Application
Download Documents Needed
Download School Recommendation
Download Referencia Sec/Prepa