Community Service is an integral part of the academic and values program of our school.
Every year, each class in the Primary School chooses a community need to address. These projects are serviced based and allow our students the opportunity to authentically help others as well as to learn from their service experience. The projects are student-selected and tailored to align to the grade level curriculum. Projects focus on community needs and range from working within communities to raising funds for worthy causes.
This year, our students were involved with several community based projects, including:
• Beach Clean-up and Preservation Efforts along the coasts of Jalisco and Nayarit.
In the Middle and High Schools we encourage all students to become engaged in service in individual and group projects. At the beginning of each year, students sign up for projects and can also become trained as project leaders. For information on the community service projects the primary school pursues go to this link.
Examples of student-led community service projects in the Upper School are:
• Visiting children at “Casa Hogar” orphanage
• Caring for dogs and cats at the SPCA
• Raising funds to support other service programs
• Working with children who have cerebral palsy at the “Busca un Amigo” center in Pitllal
• Providing tutoring to younger students
• Participating in “Leer y Crecer” (Read & Grow) public and rural school events
We believe that education extends outside the classroom, and that extra curricular activities are an integral part of building a positive school community. We offer a variety of student programs and projects to help our students become more thoughtful, open-minded, self-reliant, responsible, and creative people.