The American School has over 15,000 square meters of dedicated sports fields to complement the largest sports program in the region including: basketball, soccer, swimming, tennis, baseball, and dance. Our MISSION is through a comprehensive training process, starting at the age of pre-school, create a sports culture in students:
• Develop physical, mental and social capabilities,
• Promote good character and encourage leadership,
• Promote healthy practices and stray away from poor habits.
• By the time students reach high school they have acquired optimal physical abilities and can aspire to earn sports scholarships at the university level so they can continue their studies
Classes in our sports program start at 3:00 pm. Sports students can participate in include: Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Baseball, Dance, Yoga and Swimming.
Sports at ASPV before puberty is educational-entertainment in nature. It focuses on the acquisition of appropriate psychomotor habits, respecting the sensitive phases, in order to create a broad and solid basis for the student to maintain a high performance physical/athletic lifestyle in adulthood.
The basic phases: working in varied motor development with the repetition of gestures, movements and situation varied gameplay.
• Ages 0-6: Development of basic motor patterns, based on the two primary human motor behavior, locomotion and be understanding. Reptar, crawling, walking, running, jumping, swimming, skating, skiing, spinning, throwing, receiving, bounce, etc.
• Ages 6-8: Perfecting the basic movements, focusing them towards sports.
• Ages 9-12: Development of conditional physical qualities: endurance, strength, speed and flexibility. Acquisition and improvement of sports techniques.
Sports initiation phase: expanding drive models.
• Sports technique, application of the technique in game situations.
• Progressively introduction to competitive activity.
Specialization phase: begins systematic training for a single sport or sports group with similar characteristics. At this stage the main purpose is to improve performance.
Peak performance phase: this phase focuses exclusively on obtaining optimal physical and sporting manner required for the highest performance in competition.
To achieve the aforementioned goals we work with the experience of our sports coaches, which are all certified and hold degrees in Physical Education, Sports and Sports Training, who are always at the forefront of recent advances in methodology of sports training. Additionally our teams participate in local leagues in Puerto Vallarta. Our institution is also a member of ASOMEX (Association of American Schools of Mexico) which our teams participate in tournaments organized by this association.
Currently, 75% of the population of our school participates in the extra-curricular sports program.